26 Dec Marisa Peer: The Most Powerful Therapist I know
Marisa Peer Bio
Marisa Peer is a world known English hypnotherapist, nutritionist, motivational speaker, trainer, columnist, behavioral and neuro-linguistic expert, and bestselling author. She was born in 1957 and is married to John Davy with whom she shares a beautiful daughter. With over 30 years of experience in therapy, she has been hailed as Britain’s best therapist by the Men’s Health magazine and featured in Tatler’s Guide to Britain’s 250 Best Doctors. She has given 2 Ted Talks, and has worked for big magazines ant TV stations such as Vogue, The Guardian, BBC, NBC etc.
What inspires me the most about her is how she found her purpose in life which is to help as many people as she can through therapy and has no plans of retiring. She is the perfect example of “loving what you live.”
Marisa is the founder of the most groundbreaking therapy technique available in the world today, the Rapid Transformational Therapy® which propelled her to an amazing level of success. Today she works with the most famous athletes, major CEOs and stars. But how did it all start?
Growing up she was just like many young women today, she had problems accepting her body image. Due to this, she battled with an eating disorder for the first 20 years of her life. Being very conscious of her body led her to become an aerobics teacher for Jane Fonda in Los Angeles. There she witnessed lots of anorexic girls obsessed about dieting and losing weight just like her come in and try to exercise despite their condition and it hit home.
But her career path did not change until the night when she met her bulimic flat mate hysterically trying to gobble down a cheesecake in tears. This marked the beginning of an incredible journey. As she talked with her friend that night and helped her figure out the origin of eating disorder (turned out her friend’s parents just divorced) Marissa got to reevaluate her own relationship with food and understood that most eating disorders were linked to psychological distress. She realized how her own mind functioned as it mistook food for a sign of affection.
“Although I was slim, I still craved cakes and biscuits. I realized that this was because my grandmother, whom I adored, had always baked special treats for me and I’d come to associate sugar with feeling loved and secure. Once I’d worked out the way my mind was working, it was much easier to break the association.
I realize now, that back then I did not know how to have a healthy and enjoyable relationship with food and now that I do, I want everyone to have the same freedom of a healthy body and mindset.” Marisa Peer
Marisa later on trained to become a psychotherapist and hypnotherapist, studying for 3 years at the Hypnotism Training Institute. Based on her personal experience and over 30 years dealing with numerous clients facing eating disorders and body confidence issues, she was able to elaborate a groundbreaking technique to help people reshape not only their bodies but also their minds.
She became the therapist for shows like, Celebrity Fit Club in England and America, Supersize vs Superskinny. Published her first book titled “You Can Be Thin: The Ultimate Programme to End dieting…Forever”. And after writing acclaimed sex columns in 4 major British magazines for 10 years, today she runs the Marisa Peer School where she offers trainings and seminars for people to learn her therapy technique to become successful hypnotherapists.
Want to know more about me and why I blog? Click here.
Marisa Peer I Am Enough Meditation
After 30 years as a therapist and motivational speaker, Marisa came to the realization that the cause of most of our problems today stems from a void created by the sentiment of “not feeling enough”. If you are anything like me then you just took a few minutes to ponder on this and discovered it is true. Right? She designed the “I Am Enough” meditation guide to help people develop unshakable self-confidence and success by reprogramming their limiting beliefs.
This meditation guides you through the process on how to attract the things you want in life by focusing on 3 key points: thoughts, feelings and actions. Our thoughts affect our feelings, our feelings affect our actions and our actions affect the events in our lives. Therefore, changing how we think is the best way to get what we want.
Marisa Peer Self-hypnosis
Marisa offers a wide range of self-hypnosis audios that have helped change millions of lives. Hypnosis can have outstanding positive effects on the mind. Inducing your mind to be receptive to positive suggestions can help transform your life and usher in success. Listening to self-hypnosis tracks has been proven to help reduce stress levels, build self-esteem and boost memory retention. Whether you’re battling with an eating disorder, low self-esteem, relationship issues, anxiety, depression you name it. Marisa has a self-hypnosis audio to help you feel better.
Marisa Peer Rapid Transformational Therapy®
After 30 years of intensive research Marisa has succeeded in designing a therapy technique that has revolutionized approaches to therapy. RTT is centered on reprogramming your subconscious to replicate positive systems through the use of positive keywords. Marisa uses scientific principles of neuroplasticity, to create new neural pathways in the mind, and give people the ability to supplant old unhelpful beliefs and behaviors.
What is amazing about this program is the fact that learners experience this technique on themselves during the learning process before applying on their future clients. This is great way of creating impact and change. If you ever feel like you want to live a life with the purpose of helping others I certainly recommend taking one of Marisa’s courses.
This training is available for anyone looking to become a hypnotherapist or considering a change in career path in her RTT training
Marisa Peer Books
- You Can Be Thin: The Ultimate Programme to End Dieting…Forever
- Ultimate Confidence: The Secrets To Feeling Great About Yourself Everyday
- Trying To Get Pregnant (and Succeeding)
- You Can Be Younger: Use The Power Of Your Mind To Look & Feel 10 Years Youngers in 10 Simple Steps
- # I Am Enough: Mark Your Mirror And Change Your Life
Marisa Peer Quotes
- “One of the simplest techniques to feel good about yourself is to not let in destructive criticism.” Marisa Peer
- “Once your mind-set changes, everything on the outside will change along with it.” Marisa Peer
- “When you touch other people, when your words impact them and your actions empower them, your life has both meaning and purpose.” Marisa Peer
- “The common denominator of all our emotional issues comes from an inner feeling of I am not enough.” Marisa Peer
- “Focus only on what you want to move towards and accomplish, never on the opposite, which is what you want to leave behind. This becomes easier as you find the flip side of every negative thought and use that instead.”
- “Whatever we focus on we move towards.”
- “Whatever we focus on we experience and feel.”
- “Whatever we focus on we get more of; it becomes more real to us.”― Marisa Peer
- “When you know and believe you are enough you don’t need more. When you feel and believe you are not enough you will always want more.”― Marisa Peer
- “The only risk in life is to not take the risk; not taking risks is the biggest gamble of all.”― Marisa Peer
- “In order to have real inner confidence and lasting self-esteem you must know, feel and believe that you are enough because this realization is very much at the heart of confidence of all types.”― Marisa Peer
- “The key is not to try to belong or try to fit in but to feel comfortable enough in ourselves to feel good about being around other people and to radiate that out to others.”― Marisa Peer
- “First you make your beliefs, and then your beliefs make you.” Marisa Peer
Why I admire Marisa Peer so much
If you read my blog post on 7 Thought Leaders to Follow on Instagram, you’ll find me raving about Marisa Peer. She always has an incredibly wise word on issues I seem to be facing at all times.
I love that she struggled in her past to finally gain clarity on the issues she’s helping people with nowadays. Check out her page on Instagram @marisapeertherapy
Thank you for reading. If you loved this blog post drop a name of someone you admire so I can do a similar expose’ on them. I have similar blog posts about great thought leaders in the menu item THOUGHT LEADERS. Be sure to check it out!