06 Dec The Ultimate 25 Quotes to Put you on an Extraordinary Path in your 20’s
Dear 20-something soul,
You are stepping into the most defining moments of your life. It is the time to educate yourself, grow, and build the foundations of your dream future you do not want to miss the train!
What no one tells you about your twenties is how hard these years actually can be. You are stepping out of puberty where you had your life all planned out. You see yourself getting into your dream school, owning your dream car, partying with your best friends. You are living on a cloud and nothing has prepared you for what truly is life
You received no warning bells about the failures, the moments of doubts, and countless mistakes you will make. No one told you will endure terrible heartbreaks, hear so many ‘Nos’ and watch so many doors close before you.
Yes, it’s going to be hard but the beauty of life is that the best things always come from the hardest battles you live to fight. Your twenties are going to mold the person you choose to become and trace your path.
According to Dr. Steven Mintz in Psychology Today, the most pivotal years of human beings are the years from 10- 28. You, therefore, want to make the best out of them. Happiness, success, love, are all yours to get. All you need to do is set out on the right path.
Want to know more about me and why I blog? Click here.
Here are 25 quotes from some of the most successful people in the world that will help you navigate through your 20’s:
- “Your twenties are your selfish years. It’s a decade to immerse yourself in every single thing possible. Be selfish with your time and all the aspects of you. Tinker with shit, travel, explore, love a lot, love a little, and never touch the ground”- Kyoko Escamilla
- Happiness comes out of being willing to do your work in your twenties to find out who you are, what you love.-Candace Bushnell
- “Power is not given to you. You have to take It.” – Beyoncé Knowles Carter
- “When you are in your twenties, even if you’re confused and uncertain about your aims and purposes, you have a strong sense of what life itself is, and of what you in life are, and might become.”― Julian Barnes
- “If you don’t make time to work on creating the life you want, you’re eventually going to be forced to spend a LOT of time dealing with a life you DON’T want.”- Kevin Ngo
- “Surround yourself with people who are only going to lift you higher.”-Oprah Winfrey
- You don’t become what you want, you become what you believe.”― Oprah Winfrey
- “The most important thing in life is to stop saying ‘I wish’ and start saying ‘I will’.” — Charles Dickens
- “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation.”-John Wooden
- Challenge yourself; it’s the only path which leads to growth.-Morgan Freeman
- “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire.”- Oprah Winfrey
- “When you learn how much you are worth, you will stop giving people discounts.” – Hellen Keller.
- “The Universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you already are.” – Rumi
- A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it.- Walt Disney
- You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute. – Tina Fey
- “In my early twenties, I had no idea who I was. And I think that’s one reason you should try different relationships. I’ve had good and bad ones, but I took away things from them that helped me become who I am.”-Cobie Smulders
- “A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms.” — Zen Shin
- “Respect yourself enough to walk away from something that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.” — Robert Tew
- “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” — Steve Prefontaine
- “It’s better to have nobody than someone who is half there, or who doesn’t want to be there.”– Angelina Jolie
- “The moment you feel like you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment to absolutely and utterly walk away.”– Alysia Harris
- “To be nobody but yourself in a world that’s doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting.” — E.E. Cummings
- “There will be a few times in your life when all your instincts will tell you to do something, something that defies logic, upsets your plans, and may seem crazy to others. When that happens, you do it. Listen to your instincts and ignore everything else. Ignore logic, ignore the odds, ignore the complications, and just go for it.” — Judith McNaught